Monday, January 14, 2013

The Power Of Purple

I was wearing my purple dress for my aunt's wedding when I saw someone in the corner of my eye. A little boy was sitting in the lake, thinking. I told Patrick to wait for me and so I sat beside him. He gave me a look and continued kicking the water.

I just sat there in silence, thinking. He gave me peace- inner peace, it's amazing how calmed and relaxed I felt besides him and even though we didn't say a thing, I felt his energy. Suddenly our eyes met, his eyes were bright blue but inside of them I could see only one color- Purple.

I once read that ancient mythology explains how the color purple reflects peace and satisfaction. Patrick could see how relaxed I was so he went with my family, I took off my shoes and started kicking the water just as the little boy did. I sighed and forgot about the world. For a moment, everything was perfect.

The little boy suddenly left, I was so concerned about him leaving that I almost didn't notice the purple flower that was sitting right next to me. I didn't saw him again, but for those brief moments I am grateful. Later on my life got better ; whenever I had a problem I used to think about the little boy in the lake, my job had a certain stability and Patrick had just proposed (our wedding is in two weeks).

I like to think that little boy is my angel, he knew exactly when I needed him and so he made an appearance. Whenever I think of my aunt's wedding the only thing that comes to my mind is Purple.


No comments:

Post a Comment