Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feeling Out Of Place

So yesterday I was surfing the internet when I found this awesome page called

 http://thewritepractice.com/ 

where I started to make my own writing workbook. The first exercise really caught my attention and it said: When have you felt out of place? Write a short story about it. So I did, I hope you enjoy it! 

Feeling out of place 


The sound of the coffee machine make me nervous, everything around me feels so unpleasant. I was waiting all day for him, he told me he would meet me at five pm, it's six. The lady sited next to me keeps chewing an old piece of gum; making a noise so loud that I'm trying not to kill her. 

My book keeps resting in my lap reminding me, that I need to study for a math test I have tomorrow. The waitress keeps asking me If I want more coffee but my mug seems to drain every second she's not here. 

The horrible smell of the person seated next to my table makes me want to throw up. Every time someone walks through the door I hope it's him, my head keeps track of the dirty words I have planned because of his delay. 

Finally, he walks through the door and unfortunately, he is not alone. A few guys from what seems to be a soccer team keep him company making me feel twice as awkward. He smells like an old bar and his clothes seem like he has been on a fight. He kisses me and introduces me to his friends, proud, he grabs my hand and flatters me. 

All his friends keep watching every movement I make. My stomach feels like I have had enough coffee and so I order the check. 

I am ready to go home and study when he takes my receipt and asks one of his friends for money, he pays my seven dollar bill. 

My mind can't believe this is happening, so I just thank the friend who actually paid and give him a hatred look. He begs me to stay but I reject him. He kept on saying things like "You are not worth it" 

That was the last time I ever saw him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment