Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fading Away

I stand in the dark
A shadow appears just above my feet
I feel the night, but somehow, I'm not afraid

The stars cast a special shine today
While the moon rests faithfully

My words beg me to listen
My mind tries to ignore them
A hissing sound rises from the corner
I know it's him who comes for me

He moves gracefully towards me
My eyes are trying to adjust to all this darkness
While my legs walk with clumsiness

A chilly breeze blows beside me
My body trembles

He founds me and embraces me
I take off my mask and so does he.
I look at him; knowing my predictions were right.

I kiss him one more time before
I put on my mask again

He tries to stop me, but I run.
I take one last look at what could have been my dream
All the candles blow out with my departure
I slowly disappear into the darkness, fading away like the wind.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment