Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Psychosis

I look down at what seems to be a body lying dead beneath me, in my hand I hold a knife dripping with blood. I remember now, I was at my apartment when someone-Suzan- called, she told me about her sad life, she was sobbing. I tried to calmed her but she wouldn't listen instead, I just continued watching my daily dose of "Kitchen Nightmares" with Gordon Ramsay. I remember seeing the way he kept cutting  the pig who unfortunately, was about to be cooked; he sliced the knife with such elegance I wished I could've imitate him.

Then I heard something, Suzan told me those words in which I knew I had to do something.

"Just kill me" She said.

I grabbed my keys and went to her apartment, on my way out I grabbed the kitchen knife and sharpen it. I was thinking how I was going to slice open her chest and grab the heart with my own hands, still beating. I couldn't contain the desire she awaken within me.

I drived and drived until finally I arrived, she opened the door thinking I was there to comfort her. She turned around and went for a package of tissues, she blowed her nose; twice. She kept telling me her deepest sorrows then she told me to sit with her. I left my bag with the knife on the kitchen table and tried to calm myself. I listened to the whole story; her mother just died, her sister was a drug addict, her three year relationship just died and they fired her from work. That's not all, she had to pay the rent and had no money. I felt sorry for her, I really did.

I looked up and saw a gun sitting in her closet and immediately I thought about suicide. I couldn't let Suzan die, not this way. She kept repeating those words

"Just K I L L me"

I gave her a bottle of wine and some chocolate, we laughed and laughed. After a while, she fell asleep, i woke her up with the knife cutting her skin. She immediately reacted and walked to the living room, I was trying to keep her calm but she wouldn't listen.

"This is my gift to you; you will die honorably. Not through suicide" I kept yelling.

Eventually, I had to come for her. I told her to say hello to everyone in heaven. She started sobbing even more, I knew I had to do something quick, free her from the pain she was feeling. I gave her a kiss in the head and said my goodbyes. I imagined I was Gordon Ramsay slicing the pig's head, and for a moment I though of cooking her, but that would've been way too mean.

I just call the police and tell them everything, they soon arrive to the house and take me to prison. I smile and I know I did the right thing. I couldn't let her feel that pain, now she is happy in heaven. So in court if they ask why I did it, I will simply answer with the truth; I did my friend Suzan a favor, she asked me to kill her and so I did.


Illustrated by: Sebastian Davila 

Contact Information: artsebastiandavila@yahoo.com 

http://www.facebook.com/TheArtOfSebastianDavila 

http://www.flickr.com/people/artsebastiandavila/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artsebastiandavila/


No comments:

Post a Comment