Wednesday, January 30, 2013

For You,

I fill my time with things to do 
and for a moment, I stop thinking of you 
Everything around me reminds me of those nights
Where the moon filled our hearts with love 

I look at the stars and remember 
Those memories come to me instantly 
The temptation of calling you gives me a hard time 
But every time I think of you , I know you are thinking of me too 

I like to imagine our hearts are together
Even though we are a thousand miles apart
I call it our world, where the skies are blue 
And I spend the days listening to your poetry 

Side by side, hand by hand
Usually we are in a big green field 
Where your voice soothes my mind 
And I feel your heartbeat just beneath my touch 

All those feelings go away 
Once I notice you are not here anymore 
My heart again, fills with lonesome 

Our love is something I can never explain
You asked me to write something 
You gave me a pen,a notebook and a goodbye kiss
But somehow, 
26 letters aren't enough to express how I feel about you

I keep remembering that night, 
Where you looked at me and smiled 
"I wrote you something" You said, kissing my hand 
The feeling of guilt came when I had nothing prepared

I still have a thousand days to write something 
But every time I think of you 
I end up smiling at a blank piece of paper


Illustration by: Fernanda Carrillo
Contact Information: 
Intagram: Fer_C 
Mail: FerCarillo@hotmail.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment