Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Bitterness Of Suicide P3

Part 3

She knew what have happened because of him. He called her late at night, he thought he needed to and she was thankful for that. She was most of all angry, how could her best friend do something like this? They were supposed to be best friends, she was supposed to trust her everything.

She remembers the last time she saw her- they were on her house talking about life and she suddenly feels pain, how come she never noticed the cuts in her wrist?

She goes straight to her mother where she holds her trying to comfort her but she still feels shallow.

The next day she wears a little black dress to the funeral and she has prepared a speech. Before she goes up, the boyfriend of the dead one offers some words.

He takes the microphone and with a shy smile he begins.

"I remember when I first met her, she was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt, she had her hair tied up in a  pony tail and she was reading "To Kill A Mockingbird". I kept thinking, how come this beautiful and mysterious girl be alone? And so I came up to her and offered her my world. I won't lie to you, I am very much sad but when I came earlier to her house I felt something- I felt her. I knew she wanted me to tell you that she is okay, that she decided to do this because she thought she had no other way. I have been thinking the past days of what happened and I can tell you that no one had the fault. I was the last person she saw and I feel proud about that, I feel proud because she gave me her last words.

I must say this is a tragedy- but instead of crying we should smile because we got the pleasure to meet her. Today I understood something I never thought I could"

She sits on the front row, waiting for her time to go up, but suddenly she takes a look at the casket and a tear comes running through her cheek. Flashbacks of her life with her best friend come to her mind, every moment they spent together like a movie only they could see. When the flashbacks are over she looks up and listens carefully.

"I sat in her bed and listened. Something strange happened, just as I was about to stand up-I heard something"

She waits for those words, looking up at the night filled with stars, she suddenly hears them

"I'm sorry"

She doesn't believe in ghosts or paranormal things but she felt like this was the most powerful whisper he must have heard. People in the crowd were crying or talking they seem shallow towards this two words, but her heart accepts them and she doesn't feel angry anymore. She stands up and looks at her dead body, she smiles at her and thanks her for those beautiful memories no one else has.


No comments:

Post a Comment