Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Bitterness Of Suicide, Last Part


The Last Part

A few years have past and things have changed among them. After the funeral, he asked the best friend out, they stayed up all night talking and sharing. She learned so much from him and him from her. He understood things no one else could about life, love, destiny, desire and most of all about himself.

Finally, the boyfriend asked her best friend to marry her. She was suprised but she knew he was the love of her life.

After the engagement she disapeared. They found her sobbing and sitting at her best friend´s grave. He came closer to her and hugged her, she couldn´t look at him, she felt as if she had betrayed her.

"What´s wrong'" he asks giving her a kiss

"What if she would still be alive? Would you have asked me to marry you if she was still here? I was the first girl you saw after she died and I´ve been the only one since then. Do you really think we are doing the right thing? Becuase it doesn´t feel like it, It feels like she is disappointed on me, on us"

He started thinking about what she said, he knew she was right.

"Look at me" he says standing up and helping her. She couldn´t, she just couldn´t. Finally, she gave in and looked at him.

"Don´t ever think about the ¨what if¨ because that didn´t happen. She is not disappointed on you, she loved you, she wanted you to have the best and I can give you the best. You were the only girl I asked out after the accident and I have never been more grateful of my choices, you have to understand. We are not betryaing her, if she was still here I would´ve been with you anyway, because I believe in destiny. I believe you and I were meant to be. I regret the way we met because I had my eyes all swollen up and you had mascara ruined from all the crying. I have never felt so loved in my whole life and you did that for me. Instead of asking yourself what have happened think of how much I love you and want to be with you"

She was speachless, she knew it was true. She looked at him with love and gave him the most tender kiss ever, he felt happy to have her and he felt like he could comfort her.

So when she looked at his eyes and say "I do" in the asile, she felt her best friend by her side, supporting the newly weds. All she could think of was those last two words

"I´m sorry" although she wishes she could only change those two words to "Thank you"




Illustrated by: Pau Perezalonso 

Contact information:
Mail:  pauperezalonso@hotmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pau.perezalonso 


No comments:

Post a Comment