Sunday, February 3, 2013

When You Break Someone's Heart..

My heart was racing because I knew it was time for us to face the truth. It all started with a comment.

"Have you noticed you haven't been wearing my sweatshirt at all?"

I remained silent. He asked me to be completely honest with him and sadly, I was.

"My dearest friend,

When you break someone's heart for the first time you break your own. I haven't been completely honest with you but the truth is I am so tired of lying and postponing  what we know will happen. You told me to be honest with you so this is me trying. When we first meet I expected nothing from you but pure friendship and then we ended up being something more. I was so happy with the idea of having someone, I felt so lonely and I thought you were the solution but sadly, you were only an excuse. I am sorry for not telling you sooner but I just found out myself. I hope one day you can find someone who loves you just the way you loved me. I can't be the girl you expected me to be, but I hope one day you find that girl.

I wish you the best and it's time to let me go"

Words came out so naturally, so quickly. I guess my heart was the one who spoke that time. I didn't expected him to understand, I just expected him to move on.

It's not nice; breaking someone's heart, but as life everything happens for a reason. I have no regrets and I hope he doesn't either. Life will go on and I really do hope he is happy.

People often ask me what I felt during the relationship and with honesty I can answer that I felt- overwhelmed.  I won't lie to you, I loved him, I really did. But that love was lost, broken, my heart couldn't feel the same way. I miss him, but as I told him, I have to move on.

I really hope no one feels like this- Because when you break someone's heart, you break your own.




Illustrated by: Ivanna Vera 




No comments:

Post a Comment