Sunday, February 3, 2013

Destiny or Coincidence?

It was about this time of the year when I first saw her, my heart immediately knew; she was definitely the one. She was wearing a pink dress with a cardigan, she had red hair and dark brown eyes. I stare at her and the more I looked, the more I fell in love.

It was a typical day in my life, my mom asked me to get some groceries for that night. I was in my way when I found this old library. Since that summer I always collect old books with some inscription. That day I found one of my favorites; "To Kill A Mockingbird"  

I saw her so concentrated looking at books and old things, I didn't wanted to get in her way so I sat down in the little coffee house next to the shop.

"To my dearest lover, 
I wanted you to read something from my childhood. 
I love you, 
Samantha" 

The first page has this inscription, not only my name is Samantha just like this girls dedicatory but "To Kill A Mockingbird" is one of my favorite childhood books. I was checking out when the cashier told me this book was on sale and it was only two and a half dollars. I smiled and felt so lucky. 

I ordered a coffee and a lemon ice cake. I was so happy to have found this girl, I don't know how to explain it, it's like one day you take a look at this person and you know that destiny has played his part on your life. I remembered what happened this morning with my dad and felt so angry, my mom caught him drinking again and he was so drunk that he almost killed my mom. I helped my mom and tucked in my dad into bed.

I grabbed my book and went to the grocery store. On my way out the bag broke and my book fell into the ground. A guy came running and picked it up for me, I smiled and thanked him. He looked kind of happy but sad at the same time, he was brunette and had blue eyes. He was handsome, I have to admit. And I was so flattered he helped me with my book. 

Eventually, I asked her out. She wasn't thrilled with the idea of going out with me, she was a mystery; she told me to wait for her because she wasn't ready. I didn't exactly understood her but I asked for her number anyway. She gave it to me and walked away to the grocery store.

He asked me out but I told him no, I wasn't ready to be honest; I was more focused on my future and on my career. I just finished high school and I started college in the fall. Also, my parents didn't wanted any distraction because I just started french and horseback riding classes. 

So I went home, wondering about the girl with the red hair and a pink dress. Little did I know she would turned out to be the love of my life. Will you call it destiny or coincidence? I think a tea spoon of both.

A few months later, I received a call. 


No comments:

Post a Comment