Monday, February 4, 2013

Burning Memories.

I stand before the fire holding the last memory I ever wrote about you, a tear slips down my cheek. I can hear the thunder and I know a storm is coming. Suddenly I remember every moment I spent with you, my heart aches. I make up my mind; no more suffering for you, no more thinking of what could have happened and most of all no more unread stories about you. 

The fire grows stronger once I burn the story you gave me, I watch it consume itself, leaving nothing but ashes. A drop of water falls over my hair, I look up and breathe leaving behind every moment I spent with you. I cry not because I lost you but because I can't recognize the girl I see in the mirror anymore. 

Truth be told, I forgive you. Not for her, not for you, but for me. I forgive you and I understand what you did, I accept it and I move on. Today I grant you not only my forgiveness but your freedom.

One day a dear friend told me something I will never forget in my life, we were talking about love and about misery. I told her it wasn't fair how life worked, how one day you are perfectly happy and the other you are all by yourself choking in misery. She looked at me in the eye and said 

"Every person has the ability to change how he reacts towards certain situations. I believe misery can be enjoyed and should be enjoyed, whenever I'm alone and sad I just look at myself and laugh because I know I'm suffering for nothing and I make fun of myself because it's ridiculous how people are suffering from real pain and I'm crying over a stupid relationship" 

 From that moment on I laugh at myself, I enjoy my misery and I try to be happy about my situation and if I'm not happy about it, I change it. 

That's the best thing you can do- change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment