Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Cupcake Full Of Happiness

We were walking on the way to the coffee shop when my friend spotted a cupcake store. I have to say i've never been so excited. We walked in and ordered, we both ordered two cupcakes and returned to the coffee shop to eat them. We sat down and ate them, we didn't say one word and we both enjoyed the silence. I looked to the window and saw people walking by, I imagined what kind of life they were living or why they were there.

Suddenly I noticed this guy sitting next to us, he was working so hard on his computer. I told my friend about him and she noticed him too, we were both pretty intrigued by the way he was working. After our cupcake and coffee break we sat there for a moment, thinking and reading.

Two other friends meet with us in the coffee house and I told them to save us our spot, my friend and I went for a walk. When we returned I saw the guy still working on his computer, we were about to leave when I told them to wait for me

"Excuse me sir, Would you like a cupcake?" I asked, remembering the second cupcake was still untouched.

He looked at me like I was a freak.

"No" he answered. My friend looked at me and hugged me, I started walking down the street with her when I saw a women sitting on the sidewalk, she was holding a big sign "Help me, I'm homeless" 

I smiled and my friend knew exactly what I was thinking. Finally, we arrived where she was.

I smiled at her and grabbed the cupcake from the box. "Would you like a cupcake?" I asked her, handing her the red velvet. I swear never in my entire life I've seen such a happy face, her eyes were glowing and she had a big smile on her face. She grabbed the cupcake and thanked me.

A tear sliped trough my cheek and I smiled with joy. A random women who was passing by saw this and smiled at me

"That was pretty great thing you did there Hun" I smiled at her. Thinking how that cupcake made that women so happy I started smiling and It made my day. It was one cupcake and one smile. I started remembering the little things in my life and I thanked everyone around me. I will never forget that day, in which one cupcake contained the happiness of that women in the sidewalk, the women who stopped by and saw this, my friend's happiness and most of all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment