Monday, December 17, 2012

His side of the story.

"Don't you love the stars?"

She asks while I silently admire her figure. She lies there with her head in a pillow and eyes on the stars. I take a step closer and hug her, she keeps her eyes up in the night. Her dress is black and short, her hair is all messy and her mascara is ruined. The only thing that keeps me wondering is how beautiful she is; but she doesn't know. After a minute or two, we just stare at each other, we hold each other and keep warm under the stars. I feel a little guilty because I never got to tell her how awesome she is. She is just sixteen but her mind will travel places, her intelligence will guide her and her beauty will teach her. Tonight she forgot her book, she never does. I reach for her hand

"How come you don't have your book?" I ask

"Maybe it's time I start living my own adventures instead of reading others"

And that was it; the moment I fell in love with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment