Monday, December 24, 2012

Final Memories

Dead leaves collide under my footsteps 
The sound they create make my pace slow down 
While the wind takes away my sorrow 
The sun gives me the feeling of joy once again. 

My fingers slowly brush away the dead leaves
Discovering a box full of memories 
The antique experiences make themselves present 

An old photograph showing a portrait of love 
A rusty wedding ring 
The withered bloom covered with a gray ribbon 
Remind me of a story never told 

Through the years the rain washed away 
All the dirt in which the box was covered
Leaving it naked and unprotected from the world 
I close the lid and hide it once again
Protecting it with all the love of my heart 

Time will take away all this memories
And soon the box will be nothing
The wind will get rid of the despair  
As the sun will of hope

Time will judge
The process of closure 
Because at the end, 
We are nothing 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment